36-37 South Road, Smethwick, B67 7BU
Based in South Road, Smethwick, Selborne Mews has two units, Fontwell and Exeter, providing 16 one and two bedroomed apartments for a maximum of 20 persons with a courtyard communal garden.
All bedrooms have a call-point system and telephones to ensure that residents are able to access support as required and in a timely manner. The apartments provide for service users a real sense of “home” and the two-bedroomed apartments specifically meet the needs of those persons who may wish to share rather than live alone. All apartments promote wellbeing and security and afford residents the opportunity to develop the daily living skills necessary to provide a pathway and transition to successful community living.
Key service features
- Provision of a safe homely environment
- Dedicated and highly trained staff
- Reputation for successfully supporting people with complex needs
- Promoting choice and autonomy through a person centred plan
- Outcome focussed planning
- Health action plans
- Respecting individuals cultural, social, religious, emotional, intellectual and physical needs
- Enhancing skills and self-confidence
- Listening to our service users
- Providing the services and support they want
- Risk assessments
- Never placing limitations on the potential of a person
All of our service users are encouraged to enjoy and participate in all that the local community has to offer.
- College courses
- Music, art, literacy, numeracy, communication skills
- Daily living skills, meal preparation, budgeting
- Shopping, using public transport
- Social outings, hobbies, goals, swimming, fitness, cinema, driving lessons, leisure trips, beauty
We will support our service users to access opportunities for voluntary or paid employment to develop skills and self-confidence to develop friendships and relationships.
How to contact us
If you would like to arrange a visit to Selborne Mews or would like additional information about this service, please feel free to call or email us using the details below: