34 Selborne Road, Handsworth Wood, Birmingham B20 2DW
Located in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham and with easy access to Birmingham city centre, Selborne House is made up of two units, the Ascot Unit and the Beverley Unit, which provide spacious, individual, en-suited accommodation for up to 15 people. Selborne House provides in each of Ascot and Beverley, personal space identifiably affording a feeling of “home” which promotes well-being and security and affords the opportunity to develop the daily living skills necessary to provide a pathway and transition to successful community living.
The Ascot Unit has been redeveloped into a separate, female-only unit for 3 persons, providing additional security for those residents who may require it whilst maintaining the person centred, socially inclusive environment that is at the heart of our ethos.
- Provision of a safe homely environment
- Dedicated and highly trained staff
- Reputation for successfully supporting people with complex needs
- Promoting choice and autonomy through a person centred plan
- Outcome focussed planning
- Health action plans
- Respecting individuals cultural, social, religious, emotional, intellectual and physical needs
- Enhancing skills and self-confidence
- Never placing limitations on the potential of a person
All of our service users are encouraged to enjoy and participate in all that the local community has to offer.
- College courses
- Music, art, literacy, numeracy, communication skills
- Daily living skills, meal preparation, budgeting
- Shopping, using public transport
- Social outings, hobbies, goals, swimming, fitness, cinema, driving lessons, leisure trips, beauty treatments
We also support our service users to access opportunities for voluntary or paid employment to develop skills and self-confidence to develop friendships and relationships.
How to contact us
If you would like to arrange a visit to Selborne House or would like additional information about this service, please feel free to call or email us using the details below: